I think it goes without saying that you cannot have a good gym workout without good music blaring in your ears. There are times when I almost don’t workout because my iPod isn’t charged. It is a pathetic excuse, I know.
There has to be a National study performed by Blah-Blah-Institute of Australia (not guaranteeing its existence) stating that music helps you stay motivated during your workout. I’m not doubting that. The only reason I stay motivated for my gym workouts, apart from eye-candies-in-the-weights-area, is pumping music on my iPod.
Muscle and Fitness magazine in the US reported that weightlifters complete more sets when they listen to music than they would without that. Which makes me wonder, how many people do you see plugged in on their iPods while training? I would say about 97% in my gym. I feel bad for the other 3% who have to listen to their own feet thumping on the treadmill, or the awful breathing-noise of the person next to them on a bike.
So I thought I would share with you all my “Training beats” playlist. Now don’t judge my love for hip-hop music… Just download it.
– Like Glue by Sean Paul
– Break Your Heart by Taio Cruz feat. Ludacris
– Shots by LMFAO and Lil Jon
– Shut it Down by Pitbull feat. Akon
– In the House by Steve Aoki feat. Zuper Blahq
– Morning After Dark by Timbaland feat. SoShy
– We No Speak Americano by Yolanda Be Cool + Dcup
– OMG by Usher feat. Will.I.Am
– Gettin’ Over by David Guetta feat. Chris Willis
– Can’t Touch It by Ricki-Lee
– Give It Up To Me by Shakira feat. Timbaland and Lil Wayne
– The Clubbanger by DJ Havana Brown
– Carry Out by Timbaland feat. Justin Timberlake
– California Gurls by Katy Perry feat. Snoop Dogg
– Are You Gonna Be My Girl by Jet
– Rude Boy by Rihanna
– Grease Megamix by Grease Soundtrack
– Numb Encore by Jay-Z and Linkin Park
– Gold Digger by Kanye West
– Shooting Star (Remix) by David Rush feat. LMFAO, Pitbull & Kevin Rudolf
– Rubber On by Pitbull feat. LMFAO
– Crave MiniMix 4 – DJ Havana Brown (This songs lasts for 10 minutes – Brilliant for sprint training on the treadmill – You can download it for FREE from here – Trust me, you’ll thank me for it)
Now Get Pumping!
What’s your favourite workout music? Share your sweaty tracks below… 🙂