Pump it up!

I think it goes without saying that you cannot have a good gym workout without good music blaring in your ears. There are times when I almost don’t workout because my iPod isn’t charged. It is a pathetic excuse, I know.

There has to be a National study performed by Blah-Blah-Institute of Australia (not guaranteeing its existence) stating that music helps you stay motivated during your workout. I’m not doubting that. The only reason I stay motivated for my gym workouts, apart from eye-candies-in-the-weights-area, is pumping music on my iPod.

Muscle and Fitness magazine in the US reported that weightlifters complete more sets when they listen to music than they would without that. Which makes me wonder, how many people do you see plugged in on their iPods while training? I would say about 97% in my gym. I feel bad for the other 3% who have to listen to their own feet thumping on the treadmill, or the awful breathing-noise of the person next to them on a bike.

So I thought I would share with you all my “Training beats” playlist. Now don’t judge my love for hip-hop music… Just download it.

Like Glue by Sean Paul
Break Your Heart by Taio Cruz feat. Ludacris
Shots by LMFAO and Lil Jon
Shut it Down by Pitbull feat. Akon
In the House by Steve Aoki feat. Zuper Blahq
Morning After Dark by Timbaland feat. SoShy
We No Speak Americano by Yolanda Be Cool + Dcup
OMG by Usher feat. Will.I.Am
Gettin’ Over by David Guetta feat. Chris Willis
Can’t Touch It by Ricki-Lee
Give It Up To Me by Shakira feat. Timbaland and Lil Wayne
The Clubbanger by DJ Havana Brown
Carry Out by Timbaland feat. Justin Timberlake
California Gurls by Katy Perry feat. Snoop Dogg
Are You Gonna Be My Girl by Jet
Rude Boy by Rihanna
Grease Megamix by Grease Soundtrack
Numb Encore by Jay-Z and Linkin Park
Gold Digger by Kanye West
Shooting Star (Remix) by David Rush feat. LMFAO, Pitbull & Kevin Rudolf
Rubber On by Pitbull feat. LMFAO
Crave MiniMix 4 – DJ Havana Brown (This songs lasts for 10 minutes – Brilliant for sprint training on the treadmill – You can download it for FREE from here – Trust me, you’ll thank me for it)

Now Get Pumping!

What’s your favourite workout music? Share your sweaty tracks below… 🙂

Advertisements

3 thoughts on “Pump it up!

  1. I don’t frequent the gym any more, but when I go for a run around the neighbourhood, I’ll usually thrown on some Rage Against the Machine. There’s something about angry political music that makes moving quickly while listening to it feel like victory 🙂

  2. Awesome playlist gorgeous. I definitely need music. That or the sweet tones of my personal trainer yelling at me. LOL
    xx

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s